- General Details
- Запитване за продукт
What is Ceramis®?
Ceramis® is a technology by which a SiOx coating is applied to various types of substrates. The Ceramis® coating is a thin inorganic layer of silicon oxide that has been evaporated in a high vacuum environment to substrates like PET, oPA and oPP. The solid silicon oxide is heated by an electron beam and sublimates. Then the vapor condensates and forms a very thin barrier layer on the film that is conveyed on a cooling roll.
- Highly transparent
- Excellent combined barrier against gases, water vapor and aromas, not affected by temperature and humidity
- Transparent to microwaves
- Suitable for use in MAP, aseptic, hot fi ll, pasteurization and sterilization applications
- No “retort shock”
- Allows metal detection
- High flex-crack resistance
- High bonding of the SiOx coating to the base films
- Printable with all established printing processes
- Suitable for use on all converting machines
The following film types are used as base films:
- Polyethylene terephthalate
- oPA Orientated Polyamide
- oPP Orientated Polypropylene
- PLA Polylactic Acid
Coatings on other base films, e.g. ETFE and PC, are available on request.
- Non-retort: meat, pizza, pasta, cheese, snacks, herbs and spices, biscuits, instant drinks, tooth paste
- Retort: soups, dips, sauces, ready-meals, fruits, enteral nutrition
- Technical specialties: solar cells, electronic devices (e.g. RFID, OLED), photovoltaic, holograms, surface protection, functional surfaces
In section DOCUMENTS you could find Product Examples.