- General Details
- Запитване за продукт
Barex® is a special material, which provides an exceptional barrier to oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide. It has the lowest oxygen permeability of any single layer packaging system. It also has excellent chemical resistance to a wide range of chemicals and solvents.
In the beginning of 2015 INEOS closed the Barex plant in Lima, Ohio and put the pharmaceutical producers in difficult situation.
Amcor has invested heavily to develop an alternative film targeted to have the same inert properties as Barex, improved extractable and sealing properties and supports a more sustainable manufacturing process.
With the 2 new sealing layers, Amcor offers a next generation barrier solutions for demanding applications.
Thanks to the outstanding inertness and chemical barrier properties, there will be:
- No interaction between drug (e.g. syrups) and packaging (antiscalping)
- No risk of delamination
Polyolefine the alternative of Barex, offers:
- Product integrity and extended shelf life
- Excellent chemical barrier and inertness
- Excellent biocompatibility profile / Pharmacopeia approved
- Improved processability on packaging line, which leads to improved line efficiency and reduced waste