Formpack® Cold Form Tropical Blister Packaging Barrier Layer
Setting the Standard – Formpack® Cold Form Tropical Blister Packaging Barrier Layer
Demonstrating the versatility of the market leading coldform brand, Formpack® Tropical Blister is the ideal enhancement to conventional thermoformed blisters. It adds the protection of an impermeable barrier to moisture, light, oxygen and other gases and extends product shelf life.
Invented by Amcor (former Alcan Packaging), the tropical blister, a cold-formed laminate sealed to a thermoformed blister (PVC; PVC/PVDC; PP; Polybar®), provides very high product protection against moisture, oxygen, light and other gases for pharmaceutical products, medical devices and diagnostics.
The standard blister package remains unchanged as it pertains to the geometric dimensions of the cavity. Only the area around the blister has to be wider, so that the cold-formed laminate can be sealed to the bottom of the plastic blister.
- Impermeable barrier to moisture, light, oxygen and other gases
- Maximum fracture-free forming capabilities
- Long-term delamination resistance
- Versatility, with a selection of stiffness, additional print surface and colors
- Perforation flexibility
- Peelable “transparent” aluminum blister
- This original cold form brand has more than 30 years of proven performance
- Protective barrier enhancement of thermoformed blisters extends product shelf life
- Unsurpassed quality: consistent performance maximises production reliability
- Temperature resistance
- Increased stiffness